|Professor Young is a co-founder and principal of The Crimson Group, Inc., a firm specializing in customized in-house management education programs for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Clients have included Massachusetts General Physicians Organization, Brigham and Women’s Physician Organization, Penn State University Physicians, Penn State-Geisinger Health System, Detroit Medical Center, Oxford Health Systems, and the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine.
For the past thirteen years, Professor Young has led the one-week Executive Leadership Program, sponsored by the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine.
Prior consulting projects have involved management control system design and implementation for:
- Chaika Clinics, Moscow
- American Arbitration Association
- Edwin Gould Foundation for Children, New York, NY
- Illinois Fair Employment Practices Commission
- Jewish Family and Children's Services, Boston, MA
- New York Division of Human Rights
- Health Economics Corporation, Dallas, TX
- Centro Italiano Sviluppo, Vicenza, Italy
- Copernico Consulting, Milan, Italy
- Prompt Finance, Concord, MA
Also, the following agencies and secretariats in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
- Bureau of Developmental Disabilities
- Determination of Need Program
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Youth Services
- Executive Office of Human Services
- Commission Against Discrimination
- Rehabilitation Commission
- Office of Federal/State Resources
- Office of State Planning and Management
He also has consulted for a variety of health and human service projects, including:
- Arthur D. Little, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Hospital Corporation of America, Nashville, TN
- Kuwait Ministry of Public Health
- Massachusetts Association of Community Health Agencies
- Ochsner Foundation, New Orleans, LA ,
- Visiting Nurse Association of Greater St. Louis
- Visiting Nurse Association of Boston
- Rural Group Health Associates, Farmington,ME
- Boston Bay Consulting, Peabody, MA
- CIGNA Corporation, Hartford, CT
- Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, Boston, MA
- Management Sciences for Health, Boston, MA
- Michigan Division of Insurance
- New York City Bureau of the Budget
- Pan American Health Organization, Washington, D.C.
- Urban Systems and Engineering, Cambridge,MA
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton,NJ
- Center for Health Policy Studies, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Department of Ob-Gyn, University of Texas, Medical School at Houston
- Department of Ob-Gyn, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Department of Ob-Gyn, SUNY at Syracuse
He also has served as an expert witness on financial reimbursement policies in the New York City child care system, and on several matters related to the appropriate size of a surplus in a nonprofit organization.